12 Month Indian Wedding Checklist For The Perfectionist In You – Infographics
As soon as the engagement excitement ends you step on to the most exciting and at the same time exhausting phase – The Wedding Planning or Wedding Checklist.
Planning a wedding even with enough time for it is a real challenge to couples. A handy checklist can make things simpler. Symphony Events have done the job for you. Here is a perfect 12-month checklist to start your planning for the big day.
- Select a few tentative dates, so that you can adjust dates according to the other priorities.
- Plan your budget. Discuss with your partner and make a rough calculation on how much fund to be allocated for each element of the event.
- Discover the wedding theme. Collect ideas and develop a theme that reflects very much of you.
- Pick your wedding party. Choose your bridesmaids, groomsmen, usher, ceremony reader, ring bearer, etc.
- Set up a marriage website and update it.
- Decide on wedding insurance. The current situation seems to be very uncertain and out of our control. So we prefer you to avail wedding insurance.
- Consider various options for wedding venues, reception halls, etc.
- Start meeting and discussing with wedding professionals like event planners, florists, wedding photographers, your dreams about the big day.
- Start drafting a rough guest list.
- Research on trendy fashions for the wedding attire.
- Start collecting Save The Date designs that complement your wedding theme.
Spirit Up. We are still in the beginning phase.
- Prepare for your bridal party. Select bridal party outfit and accessories.
- Book and block the dates on all venues.
- Hire priest service or a marriage officiant.
- Book your wedding planners, florist, caterers, photographers, Wedding DJ, etc.
- Send your Save The Dates through online platforms, including social media.
- Visit the wedding boutique and select your wedding outfit and related accessories.
- Pamper yourself. Make time to care for your body and skin. Follow a fitness routine and a skin routine that suits you. Take the help of professionals if needed.
- 10 Favorite Indian Wedding Dress Choices Of Brides Across The Country
- Trending Indian Wedding Makeup and Hair For Gorgeous Brides
- 10 Indian Wedding Saree Suggestions For The Brides-To-Be
- 15 Gorgeous Indian Wedding Jewelry That You Can’t Miss For Your Wedding
Gather all your energy. Let’s do it.
- Prepare accommodation facilities for out-of-town guests—research on various available options on different price ranges and select at least three among them.
- Work on the guest list and refine it.
- Decide on gift registries.
- Explore the latest designs and styles for wedding invitation cards, thank you cards, menu cards, etc.
- Start planning your honeymoon.
Good Work!! What now?
- Decide on wedding day hair and makeup styles. Seek help from a professional makeup artist.
- Book rentals including chairs, backdrops, chair covers, sashes, etc.
- Schedule cake tasting and book wedding cake based on your wedding theme.
- Select attire for bridesmaids and groomsmen.
- Book and arrange transportation facility to and from the venue.
- Purchase the wedding rings. Make sure that they fit you well.
- Hire musicians for the ceremony, if needed.
- Get your invitation sample printed.
Bye-bye planning. Into action.
- Schedule appointment for dress fitting and alteration.
- Decide on a honeymoon destination. Arrange accommodation and book travel tickets to the place.
- Decide where to spend the wedding night. If you are planning to stay in a hotel, book room.
- Prepare the playlist of music for the ceremony, DJ, etc.
- Draft the final guest list.
We are approaching our goal.
- Arrange all documents needed for the honeymoon travel and make sure that you hold a valid passport.
- Make a floor and seating plan for your wedding and reception venue.
- Schedule an appointment with your stylist to try the hair and makeup and finalise the look for the wedding day.
- Decide on the meal and finalise the menu for the function. Make sure you consider vegans too in this process.
- Send wedding invitation cards through the post.
- Discuss ceremony details and procedures with the priest.
- Apply for the marriage license.
- Purchase gifts for the guests.
- Start preparing for writing vows.
- Prepare wedding timeline and send
Have you missed something?
- Ring the wedding professionals and vendors to confirm the venue, date and time of the event.
- Pack your bags for the honeymoon.
- Get the marriage license ready.
- Try wearing a wedding dress with shoes and other accessories.
- Draft Thank you notes in return to the gifts received.
Keep calm, almost there!
- Reach out to the guests who have not responded to the invitation.
- Refresh the gift registries.
- Inform the caterers of the final count of attendees.
- Share selected playlist to the ceremony musician, DJs, etc.
- Share detailed route information to the transportation driver.
You may also like to read:
- Ultimate guide on how to pick the perfect Indian Wedding DJ
- 36 Top Indian Wedding Venues Sydney Has To Offer
- Interesting Facts On Indian Wedding Invitations and Indian Wedding Cards
- 7 Tempting Indian Wedding Cake Designs And Tips For Choosing The Perfect Wedding Cake
- Get your haircut and hair dying done. Spend time for simple beauty treatments.
- Assign readers with scripts.
- Provide engagement photos and other requested photos to the photography team.
- Prepare the wedding emergency kit.
- Pay vendors in full.
1 Day Before
We have done it!!
- Do the wedding rehearsal.
- Make sure that you delivered the wedding decors at the venue.
- Inform guests of the schedule for the next day.
- Visit your stylist and get a manicure and pedicure done.
- Go to bed early and get all the sleep you can.
The Big Day – Wedding Day
Own your day!!
- Get up early. Have a good breakfast. Take time to get ready for the ceremony.
- Don’t forget to carry the marriage certificate to the venue.
- If the wedding venue is outdoors, it’s better you carry an umbrella along.
- Have a handy note of vendor contact info, in case of any emergency, you must be able to contact them at any point of the event.
- Thank your partner and parents for being supportive during the planning phase.
- Relax and enjoy each moment of the big day.
Back to reality.
- Send thank-you notes to the guests.
- Return the rentals.
- Finish your gift registry; exchange duplicate or unwanted gifts with new ones.
- Clean and preserve your wedding dress.
- Keep in touch with the photography team for the album and wedding video.
- Enjoy the blissful days.